Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Dean of General Education and Transfer Programs
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Dean of Institutional Advancement
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Director of Facilities
SUPERVISED BY:Assistant Director of Facilities
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Supervises custodial operations on assigned shift(s). Performs a variety of activities involved in maintaining the College as a clean, sanitary, safe, and secure facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise custodial operations on the assigned shift.
- Assign and oversee work performed by regular custodial and work-study personnel.
- Train assigned staff in cleaning procedures, equipment handling, and safety.
- Ensure proper care, maintenance, and safe storage of equipment and supplies used in cleaning and janitorial duties.
- Supervise/assist in the arrangement and set-up of all special events.
- Perform all activities involved in cleaning of facilities, including cleaning carpets and floors, cleaning restrooms, moving furniture, washing windows, removing trash, recycling, and the like.
- Assist other building and grounds departments as assigned, including addressing safety and security issues and snow removal.
- Meet daily with other shift custodians to coordinate work.
- Perform maintenance duties, including minor repairs of custodial equipment and other minor maintenance duties as needed.
- Perform general security tasks as needed, such as security tours to check doors, turn off lights, monitor equipment and report acts of vandalism.
- Apprise Assistant Director of needed changes to custodial operations and procedures.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone and e-mail on a daily basis.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to other staff.
- Must be able to use, demonstrate and train personnel on custodial equipment and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., push and pull 500 lbs. on a cart.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must pass fork life training and licensing requirements.
Contact is made as appropriate with all levels of College staff, the general public, and civic groups pertaining to work requests, special arrangements and set-ups for special events.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over assigned custodians. Functional supervision over designated work-study students. Assumes responsibility for directing all custodial staff, work studies, and other assigned personnel in coordination with the other Custodial Supervisor in the absence of the Assistant Director of Facilities.
High school diploma or GED required. Two to five years of progressively responsible custodial experience (i.e., cleaning and sanitizing methods and materials, and floor care knowledge) is required. Supervision experience strongly preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.