Campus Job Descriptions
- Vice President of Academics and Student Services
- Dean of Business, Career, and Technical Programs
- Program Director of Adult Education
- Director of the SVCC Police Academy
- Assistant Director of the SVCC Police Academy and Security
- Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
- Learning Commons Library Coordinator
- Learning Commons Tutoring Coordinator
- Dean of Health Professions
- Dean of Student Services
- Director of Athletics and Fitness Center
- Director of Enrollment Management/Registrar
- Director of Financial Assistance
- Student Support Services Project Director
- Director of Disability Support Services
- Vice President of Advancement
- Executive Director of Donor Relations and Economic Development
- Director of Business Training and Community Education
- Career Services and Community Education Program Coordinator
- Vice President of Business Services (CFO)
- Dean of Information Technology
- Director of Infrastructure and Network Services
- Director of Software and User Services
- Director of Facilities
- Director of Human Resources
TITLE:Learning Commons Library Coordinator
SUPERVISED BY:Dean of Transfer Programs and Academic Support Services
CATEGORY:Full-time Professional Technical
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Coordinate library operations including budgets and planning; direct the acquisition, cataloging, processing, and circulation of library content; supervise library staff. Prepare and deliver library orientations to students and visitors. Work with library staff to maintain the integrated library system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, direct, and manage all aspects of library operations in accordance with professional standards.
- Lead assessment of unit services, activities, and implement changes for continuous improvement of library services.
- Develop, plan, and monitor the library budget under the direction of the supervisor.
- Responsible for coordinating operating hour and staff scheduling of library services.
- Responsible for the hiring and supervision of Library staff and work-study employees.
- Identify professional development needs and provide opportunities by recommending budget and specific training for staff.
- Provide backup to other library staff on an as needed basis.
- Oversee activities related to library collections, including selection, processing, weeding, promotion, and reporting.
- Coordinate the acquisition, licensing, and renewal of online holdings.
- Serve as administrator for library systems and services.
- Produce reports on use of library print and electronic holdings.
- Prepare and complete reports required by College, state, and federal authorities.
- Assure the library maintains compliance with Illinois State Library and consortia contracts and policies.
- Research and adopt innovative practices related to library services and best practices.
- Market the library to district patrons, students, faculty, and others.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must have strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to provide and understand verbal/visual orders from supervisor and to subordinates.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent computer skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone and email on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work evenings as required.
Frequent and personal contact is made with all levels of College personnel, faculty, students, and outside organizations in relation to specific departmental duties and services.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over Learning Commons Library personnel.
ALA accredited master’s degree in library information science or library science, with at least one year of experience with reference services and information literacy instruction is required. Experience with creating online learning resources and working with a learning management system is desirable. Strong interpersonal skills are required.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.