TITLE:AmeriCorps Administrative Assistant
SUPERVISED BY:Program Director of ABC AmeriCorps Program
CATEGORY:Part-time Support (Grant Funded)
FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
Assists the program director by participating in recruitment and training of AmeriCorps members, planning and implementing events, and maintaining a proper system of record keeping and budget reports provided to State and Federal agencies on a periodic basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and adhere to the guidelines of the AmeriCorps program in accordance with the program director and member handbooks.
- Attend State training pertaining to job responsibilities, as appropriate.
- Maintain open communication with the program director.
- Maintain program confidentiality.
- Complete and monitor background checks on potential and existing members.
- Maintain current and accurate financial program records for annual audit and program oversight purposes.
- Complete monthly financial reporting and enter in Egrams (IDHS).
- Operate banner system to access financial and course information.
- Maintain consistent communication with sites to ensure program compliance for paperwork, reports, and members.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection, enrollment, and monitoring of members.
- Assist the program director in planning, scheduling, and implementing training, meetings, and service projects.
- Assume all other reasonable professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the program director.
- Must understand and support the mission of the community college.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone and e-mail on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to operate computers and basic office equipment.
- Must be organized with attention to detail.
Frequent contact is made with all levels of College personnel, students, and outside organizations in relation to routine departmental services and duties and in providing appropriate assistance and information as requested.
High school diploma or GED with three (3) to five (5) years of responsible office experience required; associate’s degree is preferred. Training and supervisory experience preferred. Experience with Excel spreadsheets and word processing required. File auditing experience preferred.
TORT LIABILITY STATEMENT:
Coordinates the College Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring conditions, events and circumstances present through daily College operations, and communicating observations to the appropriate supervisor or taking necessary actions to correct, prevent or limit safety problems. May serve as a member of a committee that supports the health, safety and/or legal rights of visitors, students and staff. Such committees may include the AA/EEO, Sexual Harassment, and Safety/Loss Control committees. (Risk Management Categories I, III, IV. See Tort file.)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds and levels of work difficulty that will be required of the position that will be given the title and shall not be construed as declaring what specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.