SVCC's COVID-19 Information Page
Help students impacted by the crisis. Give Today
Sauk Makes it Possible — You Make it Happen

Transferring Credit to Sauk

Transfer Courses

Sauk will accept credits earned at other regionally accredited institutions. A Transcript Evaluation Request form must be completed and filed in the Office of Admissions and Records if you are pursuing a degree or certificate and would like your transcripts to be evaluated. For additional information, contact the Records Analyst, Sherri Whitlock at (815) 835-6327 or

Other Ways to Earn College Credit

Students enrolled at Sauk may earn credits based on prior experience in the following ways:

  • Armed service experience
  • Evaluation (certifies knowledge gained through work experience, technical/vocational training, and other learning experiences)
  • Proficiency examination
  • Credits earned at other institutions
  • CLEP (College Level Examination Program) and Dantes tests
  • Advanced Placement Examination program
  • Credit by certification, license or registry
  • State Seal of BiLiteracy

For additional information contact an advisor or the appropriate dean.