Expanded Opportunities

CAREER Agreement (Comprehensive Agreement Regarding the Expansion of Educational Resources)

CAREER Agreements allow residents of the SVCC District 506 to attend the community colleges listed in the link below as an in-district student to pursue a career or technical (CTE) credit program NOT OFFERED by SVCC. These agreements with all Illinois community college districts allow a student from SVCC's district to attend one of these colleges to complete the desired program and to only pay that college's in-district tuition rate. Transfer programs or individual course enrollment are not eligible for CAREER agreements.

The CAREER agreement form must be completed by SVCC residents who wish to attend another participating Illinois public community college to complete a career or technical (CTE) program not offered by SVCC. The form must be completed and turned in to the Dean of Student Services for approval prior to the start of classes (30 days recommended). An approved CAREER agreement form is valid for one academic year as indicated on the application. (Fall, Spring, Summer) Upon approval, the Dean of Student Services will send the form to the receiving college. A new request form must be submitted for additional academic years. The receiving college will issue the degree or certificate for successful completion of the program of study.

An approved CAREER agreement covers only courses required by the requested career or technical (CTE) program. This agreement is void if program/college changes, or student enrolls in courses not applicable to the approved program.

Documents and Forms

For required forms and a list of Illinois participating community colleges go to svcc.edu/cca.

Submit all documents to:

Dean of Student Services
Sauk Valley Community College
173 IL Route 2
Dixon, IL  61021
Fax: (815) 380-6982

CAREER Agreement Programs at Sauk Valley Community College

Residents of other Illinois community college districts may be eligible to attend SVCC as an in-district student if they are planning to attend in a career or technical (CTE) program that is not available in their home district. Students need to contact their community college district to obtain a CAREER agreement form.