We are SVCC Nursing
The nursing programs at Sauk include the Associate Degree in Nursing, and the Licensed Practical Nursing program. These programs are selective programs and students are admitted on a priority basis with the most qualified students admitted first. Sauk also has a Certified Nursing Assistant program.
Illinois Board of Nursing
100 W. Randolph,
9th Floor Chicago, IL 60601,
SVCC's Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree Nursing Program and our Licensed Practical Certificate Nursing Program are both accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850,
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) nursing program and the Licensed Practical Certificate nursing program has achieved Initial Accreditation as of April 20, 2020.
Students considering a program of study that leads to professional licensure, endorsement or certification in Nursing should contact the appropriate licensing agency in the state where you plan to be licensed to ensure that Sauk Valley Community College course work meets that state's requirements. Links for each state's requiremeents can be found at the National Council for States Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Students entering SVCC with an endorsement (verified on their transcript) will be eligible for the following:
Take Biology 108 Intro to Human Anatomy and Physiology the Summer after high school graduation and receive
- Last dollar tuition paid for the course
- Free class text and lab manual
- Access to office hours held by the course professor
- Specialized Bio 108 tutoring hours in the Learning Commons
- Access to an online module “How to be Successful in Bio 108”
- Assistance in connecting students with paid positions at CGH, KSB, FHN
- Admission points for successful completion of course before March 1 deadline for acceptance into LPN/Rad Tech program
SVCC For Nursing