All visits will depart from SVCC promptly at the time listed below. Lunch will be provided.
|Northern Illinois University||Friday, March 3rd||7:00am - 2:30pm|
|Illinois State University||Friday, March 10th||7:00am - 3:00pm|
|University of Illinois Chicago||Friday, March 31st||7:15am - 3:30pm|
|University of Illinois U-C||Friday, April 14th||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|University of Northern Iowa||Friday, April 21st||7:30am - 5:00pm|
Timeline for Transfer
Use the 1st Year Exploration Transfer Checklist (.pdf) to keep on track!
- Apply for FAFSA (Oct. 1)
- Meet with Advisor to map out AA, AS, AES, or AFA course plan
- Research application requirements of prospective transfer schools
- Set a graduation date goal
- Explore Majors
- Get involved on campus
- Apply for at least two scholarships
- Meet with your Advisor to discuss transfer school options
- Select major
- Earn community service hours for scholarships
- Mark transfer application deadlines on your calendar
- Visit college campuses
Use the 2nd Year Commitment Checklist (.pdf) to keep on track!
- Apply for more scholarships
- Choose at least three transfer schools to apply to for transfer
- Start working on your resume
- Continue updating your academic plan
- Check progress towards graduation goal
- Attend college open houses
- Secure housing at transfer school
- Submit intent to graduate
- Register for orientation if required
- Submit official transcripts
- Meet with financial aid to discuss financial aid award letters
- Submit necessary documentation to transfer school
- Order your cap and gown for commencement
- Enjoy this new journey and making new friends!
Additional course options
It is okay to extend your transfer timeline - many students complete in 3 years! You may also want to check out the following in the class schedule:
- 2nd eight week courses
- Winter interim courses
- Summer courses
What can impact your transfer timeline?
- Delaying or changing your major
- Not passing, withdrawing, or being withdrawn from courses
- Not having a high enough GPA for your academic transfer program
Funding Your Transfer
- Knowing what your transfer tuition and expenses will be early can help you budget
- Maintaining a 3.0+ GPA can help with merit-based scholarships
- Start filing for scholarships early!
- Remember to file FAFSA as soon as possible every year (October 1st)