The Manufacturing Technology Department faculty have an essential mix of credentials, teaching and real world experience. Combined, these instructors have over 25 years of experience teaching at SVCC.
11 Years of Service at SVCC
Scott Gillihan has over 30 years of welding experience and has been an instructor at SVCC for more than 10 years. Scott has experience teaching all of Sauk’s welding classes and has participated in welding training for outside companies.
- A.A.S., Sauk Valley Community College
- Graduate, Tulsa Welding School
- Certificate of Training on Robotic Welder, Lincoln Electric
- Certified Welding Inspector, American Welding Society
- Certified Welding Inspector and a Certified Welding Educator
14 Years of Service at SVCC
Mr. McPherson has over 20 years of experience in industrial and consumer electronics prior accepting the teaching position at SVCC. He is a member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and a member of the Mathematics Association of America (MAA).
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Northern Illinois University
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Northern Illinois University
- A.S., Sauk Valley Community College