The SVCC Veterans Services Website offers information on the various programs available at Sauk Valley Community College. These services include assistance with educational benefits, counseling and readjustment services.
Veterans Services is now located behind the Office of Financial Assistance!
8 Keys to Veterans' Success
Sauk Valley Community College is proud to announce it has signed on to support the initiative 8 Keys to Veterans' Success
By affirming support for the 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success, Sauk is expressing its commitment to implement the promising practices outlined in the 8 Keys, as follows:
1. Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for veterans.
2. Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
3. Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
4. Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space for them (even if limited in size).
5. Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans.
6. Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on veterans, including demographics, retention, and degree completion.
7. Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
8. Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans.
Contact the Office of Financial Assistance
Academic Advisor/Veteran's Representative
Awarded G.I. Jobs Military Friendly School 6 consecutive years: 2010 - 2015!