The SVCC Veterans Services Website offers information on the various programs available at Sauk Valley Community College. These services include assistance with educational benefits, counseling and readjustment services.
- New Policy Regarding Veterans Educational Benefits at Sauk Valley Community College:
- In-district Tuition Policy for Veterans Effective July 1, 2015
- Veterans Services is now located inside the Office of Financial Assistance!
- Awarded G.I. Jobs Military Friendly School 7 consecutive years: 2010 - 2016!
8 Keys to Veterans' Success
Sauk Valley Community College is proud to announce it has signed on to support the initiative 8 Keys to Veterans' Success
By affirming support for the 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success, Sauk is expressing its commitment to implement the promising practices outlined in the 8 Keys, as follows:
- Create a culture of trust and connectedness across the campus community to promote well-being and success for veterans.
- Ensure consistent and sustained support from campus leadership.
- Implement an early alert system to ensure all veterans receive academic, career, and financial advice before challenges become overwhelming.
- Coordinate and centralize campus efforts for all veterans, together with the creation of a designated space for them (even if limited in size).
- Collaborate with local communities and organizations, including government agencies, to align and coordinate various services for veterans.
- Utilize a uniform set of data tools to collect and track information on veterans, including demographics, retention, and degree completion.
- Provide comprehensive professional development for faculty and staff on issues and challenges unique to veterans.
- Develop systems that ensure sustainability of effective practices for veterans.