Sauk Makes it Possible, You Make it Happen.
How Leaders Motivate
- Criticize constructively. The challenge is to help members
- Criticize in private.
- Praise in public.
- Be considerate.
- Give credit where credit is due.
- Show interest and appreciate of people.
- Suggest, Ask or Request.
- Let members in on your plans and ideas.
- Always play up the positive.
- Be fair, open-minded and consistent.
- Ask members for advice and their help.
- When wrong, admit it promptly.
- Remember, people work best on their ideas.
- Be careful what you say and how you say it.
- Give your members goals, something to strive for and
- Keep your members informed.
- Give members a chance to take part in decisions, particularly
those affecting them.
- Let your members know where they stand.
- Be responsible.
- Be an example.