BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance. Our facilities are located across the globe to provide local support for our diverse customer base.
We operate in two groups: The Engine Group and the Drivetrain Group. The Dixon, Illinois plant falls within the Engine Group and is part of BorgWarner’s Emissions System Division. We are a leading global producer of air management and emissions control products for passenger cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles. Engineered to lower emissions, improve fuel economy and enhance vehicle performance, our advanced technologies include exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) modules, secondary air systems, tubular products, advanced actuators and integrated system solutions.
Multicraft Interns at BorgWarner will gain training, hands-on experience and coaching in:
- World class safety processes and procedures.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing production, engineering and material handling equipment.
- Providing technical support to manufacturing and engineering process equipment and facilities.
- Troubleshooting and resolving production and engineering problems.
- Work with mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems and technologies.
- Programming and robotics.
- Problem-solving and test methodologies and technologies.
- Work within a team-oriented environment.