Making Money & Scholarships
There are many ways that college students can help to fund their education and make some extra money for bills or to put into savings. College often times means making hard choices including the commitment to complete.
Scholarships are often time overlooked as an alternative way to save money for school. Taking the time to write a personal statement and apply can be an excellent return on investment.
- Work with your advisor on essays and personal statements
- You often need community/volunteer experience
- Foundation scholarships are offered only to SVCC students only
- Apply for Federal Work Study which allows you to work on campus if eligible
- TRIO is often hiring qualified students as tutors
- We offer career workshops on resume and cover letters
- Professional experience and resume builder
- Earn money and an education award (scholarship)
- Community volunteerism and training provided